Discover Scuba Diving – $95
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to breath underwater? If you want to find out but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is the answer. Discover Scuba Diving will let you try scuba to see if you like it, with out all the work.
While not an actual scuba certification, during the Discover Scuba Diving experience you’ll have a half day program where you’ll learn some basic concepts, skills, and use of scuba equipment before going to an open water dive.
What to Expect
– Please try and schedule 48 hours in advance.
– Remember we can NOT control the weather conditions, it’s good to be flexible.
– Must be in good health to participate. Any YES answer on a medical questionnaire must be approved by a physician.
What You Learn
You learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. One thing you’ll learn is that you really can breath underwater and whether you like doing that or not. You will:
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn whether you can be comfortable under water.
- Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step.
Plus, you can get credit! If your Discover Scuba Diving program includes an actual scuba dive in open water, your experience may count toward PADI scuba diver or Open Water Diver certification, putting you a step ahead of the game when you decide to go for it.
The Scuba Gear You Use
All the equipment you will need is typically included in a Discover Scuba Diving experience. You’ll use all the basic scuba gear including a mask,snorkel, and fins, a buoyancy compensating jacket, that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from and instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply. You might also wear a scuba wetsuit or a weight system depending on where you do your Discover Scuba Diving program.
The Learning Materials You Need
- Just your willingness and undivided attention
- To take Discover Scuba Diving, you must be:
At least 10 years old